Revilatization of Parnassus Heights: Seismic Program Renovations
UC San Francisco's Long Range Development Plan (LRDP) was approved by the University of California Regents in late 2014. With this momentum, UCSF began to focus its attention on the Parnassus campus to address critical structural issues as one of the many phases of implementing the LRDP. The first objective is to seismically retrofit and renovate Clinical Sciences Building (CSB) by 2019 and UC Hall (UCH) upon completion of CSB. The combined investment in the Parnassus Seismic Renovation Program is around $400 million. See details below of each phase including demolition of Laboratory of Radiobiology (LabRad), and various other buildings impacted by renovations and relocations. These dates are approximate and will be updated regularly.
Are you curious why Saunders Court seems to be 'under construction?' See the Parnassus Utilities Relocation page for details.
Mid-2014 thru late-2015
- HSIR Tower Renovations: Renovation of 4 floors to relocate wet labs from CSB and UCH permanently. HSE8, HSE7, HSW7 and HSW8 completed 2015.
- Medical Sciences Building (MSB): Renovation projects throughout MSB for the relocation of wet labs from CSB and UCH. Medical Sciences 2, 6, 7 and 8 completed 2015.
- Ambulatory Care Center (ACC) and Millberry Union (MU): Renovations for permanent and temporary relocation of CSB programs
- UC Hall: Minor renovations for the temporary relocation of CSB programs
Mid-2015 thru mid-2016
- Laboratory of Radiobiology: Partial demolition
- MRIV: Demolition
- Parnassus Utility Relocation Phase I: Saunders Court impacted
Mid-2015 thru 2019
- Seismically retrofit and renovate Clinical Sciences Building (CSB). CSB is no longer accessible as a pass-thru between Medical Sciences (MSB), Nursing and UC Hall; wayfinding maps are posted.
- CSB completed, occupants move in, UCH decanted.
- Parnassus streetscape
- Seismically retrofit and renovate UCH.
Download Parnassus Heights site map
See list of Active Projects at Parnassus