In addition to three primary campus sites of Parnassus Heights, Mission Bay and Mount Zion, UCSF owns and leases space at numerous locations around the city of San Francisco. UCSF is also affiliated with two hospitals in San Francisco: San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (SFGH) and San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center (SFVAMC).
The Child, Teen and Family Center and Department of Psychiatry Building at 2130 Third Street
- Approved by the Regents on May 18, 2017.
- Will house outpatient clinics, education, research, office space and a small retail space.
- 170,000 square feet
- Construction to begin in early 2018 with completion estimated in early 2020.
Minnesota Street Graduate Student and Trainee Housing
UCSF has been working on multiple solutions to address the high cost of living in San Francisco and offer below-market rates to graduate students and trainees. UCSF plans to build 595 units in two separate buildings at 566/590 and 600 Minnesota Street. These units will provide housing for approximately 710 students and trainees.
- Two six-story buildings, 385 efficiency apartments, 95 studio, 115 two-bedroom apartments, retail, community space and parking garage with 127 spaces.
- Approved by regents on May 18, 2017
- Expected completion in summer 2019
Campus maps can be found here.
Download map of UCSF locations throughout San Francisco
Lease Consolidation Plans
The campus leases approximately 1 million square feet of space off campus. UCSF has identified a goal to better control itslong-term occupancy costs by consolidating remote sites, both owned and leased, while improving operating efficiencies through co-located programs. In 2015, several units in multiple leased locations totaling about 120,000 feet moved into the new Mission Hall Building at Mission Bay. Over the next few years, UCSF will continue to seek opportunities to consolidate leased space into fewer disparate locations or into owned facilities.